7/24/2008

Model of Myself


"We live in an age where we are inundated with countless images from countless sources, from TV to movies to pop-up ads. A huge percentage of those images deal with love, sex and romance. Still, rare or nonexistent is the occasion where I encounter an image that reflects who I am and what I dream of. Even rarer and more nonexistent is the occasion where I encounter an image that might encourage another soul to dream of loving someone just like me."

So speaks a little black boy's heart in a black author's fourth novel. My novel. Several months ago, I wondered: “Why would I need a digital camera? What am I gonna take pictures of?” Sometime after that, I purchased a camera, still unsure of the answer. Thankfully, the black author has found the answer. And the little black boy's heart is smiling at the pretty pictures.